EdTech Partnerships and Outreach Manager
Do you love space? Want to join a fast-growing team and bring space into classrooms?
DreamUp is launching the education world to new heights. We’re 18 months old, have launched hundreds of experiments from schools around the world to the International Space Station and are seeking an entrepreneurial customer-oriented self-starter to join our mission. If you love space, can work within the educational community and are comfortable making things happen, let’s talk about this fast-paced, non-linear position.
DreamUp is a public benefits corporation, which means we aim to bring good into the world (and the rest of the universe) while bringing value to our customers and shareholders. We provide space-based educational opportunities to students and entrepreneurs, and are the first company bringing space into the classroom and the classroom into space. DreamUp is uniquely positioned to engage kids nationwide with the most cutting-edge space research and developments, and inspire them through scientific discoveries on the International Space Station and in suborbital space. DreamUp offers unique in-space opportunities for student research via their launch services provider, NanoRacks LLC.
DreamUp is seeking a self-motivated and talented full-time EdTech Partnerships and Outreach Manager to grow national and international partnerships as we develop unique and impactful programs to bring the magic of space-based educational opportunities to a growing number of students around the globe. If you want to make an impact in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and do some good while doing it, read on.
- Envision, realize and enhance partnerships to scale programs’ global impact
- Research and identify target organizations with which to partner
- Conceptualize partnership programs with measurable goals
- Identify and prepare proposals to fund program opportunities
- Conduct and manage outreach to potential partners
- Grow programs and continue to improve outcomes
- Collaborate with Manager of Creative and Strategic Planning on iterating and implementing myLAUNCH platform
- Develop and manage educational programs and curriculum development
- Determine feasibility of potential programs and grow them into fundable proposals
- Use best-practices to build curriculum for local, national and global programs
- Liaise with ongoing programs and ensure customer satisfaction
- Modify existing programs as needed based on outcomes measurement
- Play an active role in a dynamic start-up
- Take on day-to-day responsibilities as new projects and opportunities arise
- Provide counsel to CEO on wide variety of issues
- Fix problems as they arise, on an office-wide, customer-specific and organizational basis
- Enjoy the honor of bringing space into the classroom and the classroom into space
Basic & Required Traits, Knowledge & Skills
- Education industry and sales experience is highly desired
- 2-5 years of experience in sales, program development, education or related field
- Basic knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills are mandatory
- Must be able to travel (10-30%) and work non-standard hours periodically
- A passion for customer service and the ability to provide exceptional customer experiences is a must
Desirable Traits, Knowledge & Skills
- U.S. Citizenship preferred
- You don’t need to be an expert in everything space, but a passion for what lies beyond Earth’s atmosphere is a plus
- Preference for candidates that have completed a 4-year and/or masters degree in Education, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related fields.
Terms of Position
Position: EdTech Partnerships and Outreach Manager
Compensation and Benefits : Working with a start up means we all have some skin in the game. Your competitive salary is based on experience & performance, and may come to include commission or equity. We offer flexible work conditions, medical and dental coverage, as well as a monthly Metro card stipend. And did we mention you get to see rockets launch into space?
Location: This position located at the DreamUp Washington DC Office near McPherson Square.
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you.
View our job description PDF here.