Do you love space? Want to join a fast-growing team and bring space into classrooms and homes?
DreamUp is launching the education world to new heights. We’re four years old, have launched over 425 experiments from schools around the world to the International Space Station and are seeking an entrepreneurial, customer-oriented self-starter to join our mission. If you love space, can work within the educational and scientific community and are comfortable making things happen, let’s talk about this fast-paced, non-linear position.
DreamUp is a public benefits corporation, which means we aim to bring good into the world (and the rest of the universe) while bringing value to our customers and shareholders. We provide space-based educational opportunities to learners and educators, and we are the first company bringing space into the classroom and the classroom into space. DreamUp engages learners internationally with the most cutting-edge space research and developments and inspires them through scientific discoveries on the International Space Station and in suborbital space. DreamUp offers unique in-space opportunities for student research via their launch services provider, NanoRacks LLC.
DreamUp is seeking a self-motivated and talented Intern (on a part-time basis during the Fall semester, with potential full-time opportunities) to assist in all aspects of the business, but especially in communications, data management, and program development as we deliver unique and impactful programs to bring the magic of space-based educational opportunities to a growing number of students around the globe. If you want to make an impact in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and do some good while doing it, read on.
- Assist development of branding, messaging, and customer communications
- Assist with written communications such as newsletters and blog posts as well as written customer proposals
- Research and identify key areas of potential social media impact
- Design printed materials such as flyers and other marketing collateral
- Improve program outcomes and ensure customer satisfaction
- Liaise with CEO and Partnerships and Outreach Manager to provide research and assistance for program development
- Assist with coordination and organization of DreamUp programs
- Determine and adhere to best practices to ensure programs are as impactful and customer-centric as possible
- Play an active role in a dynamic start-up
- Take on day-to-day responsibilities as new projects and opportunities emerge
- Provide counsel to DreamUp staff on a wide variety of issues
- Fix problems as they arise, on an office-wide, customer-specific and organizational basis
- Enjoy the honor of bringing space into the classroom and the classroom into space
Basic & Required Traits, Knowledge & Skills
- Desire to learn, can-do attitude, and flexibility are required
- Education industry experience is highly desired
- Basic knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills are mandatory
- Must be able to work non-standard hours periodically
- A passion for customer service and the ability to provide exceptional customer experiences is a must
Desirable Traits, Knowledge & Skills
- U.S. Citizenship preferred
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite is a plus
- You don’t need to be an expert in space, but a passion for what lies beyond Earth is a plus
- Preference for candidates with studies in communications, business administration, education, or another related field.
Terms of Position
Position: EdTech Intern
Compensation and Benefits: Working with a start up means we all have some skin in the game. We offer flexible work conditions, a modest hourly compensation, as well as a monthly Metro card stipend.
Location: This position is located at the DreamUp Washington DC Office near McPherson Square.
To apply, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t wait to hear from you!
View our job description PDF here.