Full-Stack Software Developer
Do you love space? Want to join a fast-growing team and bring space into classrooms and homes?
DreamUp is launching the education world to new heights. We’re four years old, have launched hundreds of experiments from schools around the world to the International Space Station and are seeking an entrepreneurial, customer-oriented self-starter to join our mission. If you love space, can work within the educational and scientific community and are comfortable making things happen, let’s talk about this fast-paced, non-linear position.
DreamUp is a public benefit corporation, which means we aim to bring good into the world (and the rest of the universe) while bringing value to our customers and shareholders. We provide space-based educational opportunities to learners and educators, and we are the first company bringing space into the classroom and the classroom into space. DreamUp engages learners internationally with the most cutting-edge space research and developments and inspires them through scientific discoveries on the International Space Station and in suborbital space. DreamUp offers unique in-space opportunities for student research via their launch services provider, NanoRacks LLC.
DreamUp is thrilled to launch a new offering, bringing space-based research opportunities to classrooms. DreamUp is seeking a self-motivated and talented Full-Stack Software Developer to manage all technical inquiries and issues that may arise in this program and identify opportunities to expand the program to bring the magic of space-based education to a greater number of learners around the globe. If you want to make an impact in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and do some good while doing it, read on.
|Django REST Framework
- Maintain and oversee technical processes including software development and hardware manufacturing
- Manage process of manufacturing printed circuit board hardware
- Overhaul and streamline webapp platform, incorporating updated curricular materials
- Troubleshoot web platform, project plan, user test, and maintain documentation
- Create and execute strategies to integrate program into DreamUp’s catalog of program offerings
- Provide technical customer support
- Assist customers with set-up implementation of the program technology including their Raspberry Pi-equipped spacelab hardware
- Create and maintain automated process to review Python code submitted by schools
- Review student-written Python code and vet for suitability to launch to hardware installed on the International Space Station
- Provide consultation to customers on student data analysis
- Ensure customer satisfaction and create strategy for outcomes measurement
- Play an active role in a dynamic start-up
- Take on day-to-day responsibilities as new technical projects and opportunities emerge
- Provide counsel to CEO on technical issues
- Fix problems as they arise, on an office-wide, customer-specific and organizational basis
- Enjoy the honor of bringing space into the classroom and the classroom into space
Basic & Required Traits, Knowledge & Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in EdTech, computer science-related education, software engineering, technical consulting, or related field
- Competency in software engineering and comfort with web apps and embedded systems
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple projects at once, and meet deadlines
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills as well as the ability to write clean, efficient code
- Availability to travel and work non-standard hours periodically
- A multi-tasker with excellent attention to detail
- Passion for customer service and the ability to provide exceptional customer experiences
- The ability to identify problems, find solutions, and ensure customer satisfaction
- Flexibility to take on additional projects as needed
Desirable Traits, Knowledge & Skills
- U.S. Citizenship preferred
- You don’t need to be an expert in everything space, but a passion for what lies beyond Earth’s atmosphere is a plus
- Preference for candidates that have completed a degree in computer science, computer engineering, education, or another related field.
Terms of Position
Position: Full-Stack Software Developer
Compensation and Benefits: Competitive hourly rate based on experience with the possibility of becoming a full-time position, plus flexible work conditions.
Location : DreamUp offices near McPhearson Square in Washington, DC or remote within US time zones
To apply, please send resume to email@example.com. We can’t wait to hear from you!
View our job description PDF here.