DreamUp is proud to announce that the application for AstroSchool Spring 2022 is officially open!
Starting March 7, a cohort of 50 K12 educators will participate in a one-month, completely free, online STEM professional development program using our Because Learning Sensor Kit. AstroSchool is made possible thanks to the Association of Space Explorers.
The AstroSchool Spring 2022 cohort will learn how to integrate engaging STEM lessons and physical computing into their classrooms while interacting with other teachers to share best practices and ideas. Here are the details:
- What: An online professional development opportunity for K12 educators to learn how to use our Because Learning Sensor Kit. Each week, the 50-teacher cohort will work through a new lesson, with support from their fellow educators and the DreamUp Because Learning team. All participants will interact in an online community.
- When: AstroSchool Spring 2022 will run from March 7 – April 1, 2022. The application deadline is February 7. Participants will work through a new lesson, on their own time, each week.
- Where: Online! AstroSchool is fully virtual and mostly asynchronous.
- Why: Because Learning and our Sensor Kit provide a unique, hands-on opportunity to teach STEM and computing to students. And did we mention, thanks to ASE, it’s completely FREE to educators?
- Who’s eligible to apply: K12 educators
- How can I learn more: Visit becauselearning.com/astroschool
Each selected teacher will receive one of our Because Learning Sensor Kits and a one-year license to over 150+ lesson plans. Upon completion, teachers will also receive a certificate that can be used toward continuing education units.
Learn more and apply at becauselearning.com/astroschool. Applications are open through Monday, February 7, 2022.
Here’s some feedback from educators who participated in the previous cohort of AstroSchool:
“This was an awesome program and I am so glad to have been part of it!!! At the beginning of the cohort, I was feeling overwhelmed and intimidated by the board and how to hook it up. I now understand how and why things are put in certain places and that if I make a mistake, it is okay I can fix it. This is something that kids have a hard time with. Thanks again for the wonderful opportunity!! I learned so much!”
“I absolutely LOVE the various lessons covering several different standards that are easily adapted to many grade levels!”
“Having a structured program, a complimentary kit, and lessons, were my favorite parts of the program. Also, the forum was quite helpful and gave me ideas that I could adapt for my situation.”
Please spread the word and encourage the K12 educators in your community to apply at becauselearning.com/astroschool by February 7.