Do you love space? Want to join a fast-growing team and bring space into classrooms?
DreamUp is launching the education world to new heights. We’re 18 months old, have launched hundreds of experiments from schools around the world to the International Space Station and are seeking a self-starter with a desire to learn and engage with dynamic programs to join our mission. If you love space and students and are comfortable making things happen, let’s talk about this fast-paced, non-linear position.
DreamUp is a public benefits corporation, which means we aim to bring good into the world (and the rest of the universe) while bringing value to our customers and shareholders. We provide space-based educational opportunities to students and entrepreneurs, and are the first company bringing space into the classroom and the classroom into space. DreamUp is uniquely positioned to engage kids nationwide with the most cutting-edge space research and developments, and inspire them through scientific discoveries on the International Space Station and in suborbital space. DreamUp offers unique in-space opportunities for student research via their launch services provider, NanoRacks LLC.
DreamUp is seeking a self-motivated and talented Intern (on a part-time basis, with full-time opportunities) to assist in all aspects of the business, but especially in social media outreach, customer needs and program development as we deliver unique and impactful programs to bring the magic of space-based educational opportunities to a growing number of students around the globe. If you want to make an impact in one of the fastest-growing industries in the world, and do some good while doing it, read on.
- Craft social media presence and assist in development of branding and messaging
- Research and identify key areas of potential social media impact
- Develop and coordinate social media plan
- Grow social media impact
- Collaborate with Manager of Creative and Strategic Planning on all communications needs
- Lead research to improve program outcomes and ensure customer satisfaction
- Liaise with CEO and Partnerships and Outreach Manager to provide research and assistance for program development
- Determine best-practices to ensure programs are as impactful and customer-centric as possible
- Listen to and improve customer experiences
- Play an active role in a dynamic start-up
- Take on day-to-day responsibilities as new projects and opportunities arise
- Provide counsel to CEO on wide variety of issues
- Fix problems as they arise, on an office-wide, customer-specific and organizational basis
- Enjoy the honor of bringing space into the classroom and the classroom into space
Basic & Required Traits, Knowledge & Skills
- Desire to learn, can-do attitude and flexibility are required
- Education industry experience is highly desired
- Basic knowledge and use of personal computer with typical business software
- Stellar written and verbal communications skills are mandatory
- Must be able to travel (10%) and work non-standard hours periodically
- A passion for customer service and the ability to provide exceptional customer experiences is a must
Desirable Traits, Knowledge & Skills
- U.S. Citizenship preferred
- You don’t need to be an expert in everything space, but a passion for what lies beyond Earth’s atmosphere is a plus
- Preference for candidates pursuing or have completed a 4-year or masters degree in Education, Business, Marketing, Communications, or related fields.
Terms of Position
Position: EdTech Intern
Compensation and Benefits : Working with a start up means we all have some skin in the game. We offer flexible work conditions, as well as a monthly Metro card stipend. And did we mention you get to see rockets launch into space?
Location: This position located at the DreamUp Washington DC Office near McPherson Square.